Pastrami on rye is pretty much sandwich perfection. Made with savory, juicy pastrami and twice-baked rye bread, you have the best damn sandwich I’ve had thus far in this town.
704 S Alvarado
Los Angeles, CA 90057
I have no idea why it took me so long to make it to Langer’s. My only regret is not making it there sooner!
The french dip was good, but at Langer’s…why even bother with anything other than the #19?!
Helpful hints for yummy sandwich seeking readers:
- The #19 keeps really well in your fridge (they even send you home with vacuum sealed pickles!) and has the same melt-in-your-mouth goodness you get with your first bite in the restaurant.
- Know that they do close early at 4PM (sad face) and are closed on Sundays (epic sad face.).
- If you call in an order, they bring it to you curbside!
- If you’re eating in, order another #19 to take home. Trust me, you’ll want to keep one on hand.
- One last tip: GO. You won’t regret it.